Friday, May 27, 2016

Tag You're It Challenge - Patriotic

The new furniture will be delivered today...yeah, after three weeks of waiting I'm excited.  Thanks husband for letting me go nuts on this room....I'm loving it!




There is a new challenge starting today at Tag You're It.  Just in time for Memorial Weekend here in the US.  Come on a join us.  Here's the inspiration tag from Bobby Hagan!  

Here's my take on the challenge...






I started by masking off a portion of the tag and sponging some red distressed ink using my stencil. Once the strips were done, I masked off that portion of the tag and stamped some stars with versafine ink.  I embossed the stars, then sponged on the blue ink.  

Then simply stamped my sentiment on the bottom.


A simple tag in memory of all the incredible people around the globe that make our every day better!

4 comments:

  1. Susan what a genius tag. I think it is a amazing test of masking--Wow I think I would be scared to do it! Turned out beautiful! Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing! Love this modern take on stars and stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic tag! I love the faded look to it and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan this tag is just perfect! I love your design of the stars and stripes! Enjoy that new funiture!

    ReplyDelete