Saturday, May 14, 2016

Less is More - At Sea

Looking forward to spending some quality time with the husband over the next few days!  Thanks husband for the nice little get away!

We are kicking off another challenge over at Less is More!  For this challenge, we have a one layer card, with the theme of At Sea!  One layer cards are so fun, I really do love the challenge!  Hope you choose to play along, we would love to see what you come up with!

Here is my take on the challenge...

I started by stamping my little fish. I colored him with my copic markers, then created a mask.

I used distress ink, with my waves stencil to create the background. Then stamped the sea plants with distress ink. I like the look of the stamped distress ink, because it is not perfect and looks like it is a bit underwater.

I then stamped my sentiment, and as a final touch added a few bubbles using glossy accents!

Supplies:




11 comments:

  1. Your brightly coloured fish is so fun, Susan and the wavy stencil provides the perfect backdrop! A great watery design for this week's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool card Susan. Such a sweetie little fish. Hope you Had fun with your husband and enjoy the rest of the week too.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, cheerful card! This looks fab and the wave stencil is a great background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Sweet little fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just too cute Sharon and great use of your stash. Superb colouring too and the stencil is so effective in the BG. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and happy little fish! Great card...and the stenciling looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie Susan, this is one of my all-time favourite stencils!
    Enjoy your break

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie Susan, this is one of my all-time favourite stencils!
    Enjoy your break

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great one layer card, Susan, love that cheeky fishy! I love the white space and the interest at the base with the sea plants too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, so cute, nice inking too :D x

    ReplyDelete