Saturday, May 14, 2016

Addicted to CAS - Midnight

It's been a busy week, picking out paint colors, slowly painting the room....it's looking nice and almost there!  Thanks husband for all of your work in getting this room to be the perfect place for me!!




Another challenge starting at Addicted to CAS!  The theme for this challenge is Midnight.  This is the perfect theme because there is a technique I've seen on several cards and have been wanting to try it out.  So here is goes...let me know what you think!

Come on over and play along!  We would love to see what you come up with.




I started by masking off the background of the card for the moon and adding some distressed ink. Once the moon was done, I masked that off and sponged on the dark blue for the dark sky.  I used several colors to ensure the ring around the moon was a bit lighter than the rest of the sky.

I then cut out the tree and then embossed the sentiment at the bottom.

Next time I'll make the moon a bit more white...might look a little sunny :)
Supplies:


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous blending on your night sky, and I love all the texture on the tree! I also love how you colored the owl, and the hearts are darling! Stunning card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's fun, neat and super duper cute Susan. Plus I'm loving all the inky blending - bet that took some elbow grease but certainly worth it. Love it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Oh, this is so adorable! LOve this cutie! The background is simply beautiful, especially tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, what a great use of different elements and techniques! You created so wonderful scene with a die cut, coloured image and blended background. Love it! - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete