Saturday, March 26, 2016

Less is More - Polka Dot

There is another fun challenge going on over at Less is More.  This week the theme is Polka Dots. How fun is that!  Hope you come over and join us, we would love to see what you come up with. Here is my take for the challenge, come on over and see what the rest of the team put together!

I'm still need to make several birthday cards, I'm a bit late in getting them out.


For this card, I used one of my most favorite present dies.  This is from Simon Says Stamps Present Parade.  I just die cut the one present in the center.

After adhering the gift I heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.

I then framed my image and attached it to cardstock with a bit of foam tape, to give a little dimension.

I will be using this similar design but with Christmas paper for the holidays!

Simple and elegant!

Supplies:
  • Neenah Solar White Card Stock
  • Bazzill Cardstock
  • Silver Foil Paper
  • Versafine Ink
  • Simon Says Stamp:  Present Parade
  • Your Next Stamp (for the sentiment)
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle 
  • Hero Arts Silver Embossing Powder

23 comments:

  1. very cas and very neat, i don't like minty greens but the card is gorgeous...if it were purple it would have been perfect lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamy, dotty,CAS perfection Susan. A gorgeous color choice and design... Love it! Have a great week and a happy Easter. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fresh and pretty, Susan! Love the aqua and silver combo and the polka dots add a fun element :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning - your embossing is so sparkly!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely! wonderful die - not surprised it's your favourite at the mo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you card! I love colors, embossing and polka dots

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous design and, as you say, one that can be adapted for other occasions. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely, so stylish, beautifully laid out and great use of colour. That die is fab and it may go on the (ever growing) wishlist! Gorgeous card - thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally agree, less is more. LOVE your elegant card...really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very pretty card Susan !! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  11. How stylish and elegant Susan - as you say it will also be perfect for Christmas cards - but in the meantime Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops! Mixed up my comments - DO love the CASology one, too, but this is the one I'm itching to CASE. Need to come back later and check out more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pretty CAS layout and the combination of aqua and silver!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - love those colours

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cool, crisp design, Susan. Loving all the pierced edges and the aqua/white/silver combo is just yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely, fresh card Susan. The silver really sets off the aqua - great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply gorgeous, love this :D x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeously elegant creation Susan. Beautiful clean lines and such a fantastic colour too.
    I'm sorry that I'm a little late visiting you but I've had wifi problems on my holiday to England
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card, Susan, clean and crisp. Love the silver embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's taken me all week to get around to visiting this time Susan, but your card is perfection... elegant simplicity! Wonderful!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fresh and the silver makes your card really elegant Susan - polka dot LIM perfection!

    ReplyDelete