Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Birthday Challenge Cas-ual Fridays

Another great day...my husband is feeling so much better today, recovering from a sudden and unexpected illness.  Each day he is feeling a bit better, yeah!  This morning, I was able to join a group of tennis friends for some doubles matches.  Thanks Yan for setting up a fun morning!

After lunch, I was able to play in the studio with my husband giving me design feedback---yes, he is feeling much better :)

Here's my card for the Cas-ual Friday Challenge 139. In honor of their 4th birthday, they are challenging us to use teal, orange, white and black.  I opted for a birthday card not only to celebrate their birthday, but my friend Gina has a birthday this coming weekend.  I hope she will like this card.






For this card, I used the Simon Says Clustered Leaves and cut a portion of the die in the teal card stock and vellum (it is a bit difficult to see the vellum in the picture).  I used a bit of distressed ink to give the teal leaves a bit of dimension.  I also die cut the sentiment in orange card stock and added a few orange sequins and some black enamel dots to finish off the card.








Supplies:


2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the vellum leaves! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete